Monday, January 19, 2009

A couple ramblings...

So, I have been thinking about some of my greatest blessings lately and decided that it was time for another rambling blog entry. Just realize that you have been warned in advance...

First of all.... I have been very happy to realize that I love teaching! I have had a wonderful year at Snow Canyon Middle School with wonderful students and great fellow teachers. I couldn't have asked for a better first year teaching experience! I am so thankful that Bill has sacrificed to allow me to have this experience before our little girl arrives. I never thought it would be a hard decision, but I have decided that my children are more important to me than a career (no matter how much I enjoy it) right now and I am choosing to stay home with them. Right now, the situation is available where I can, so I will. I hope it remains that way for several years.

One of the main reasons I am so glad I have had this opportunity is to be able to find out that all those years of school were worth it and that I actually can be an effective teacher. I am glad that I have my degree and love being able to see it hanging next to Bill's. I hope seeing them on the wall will help inspire our children to love education.

Another thing I have been grateful for is the wonderful ward we are in right now! They have been so kind and welcoming from the moment we moved in! One of my favorite things has been, of course, working with our beautiful young women! They are so STRONG, and such a good example to me. I feel like they have taught me more about "standing for truth and righteousness" at all times than I have really taught them. I love the young women's program!! Just being involved gives me a boost! I have been really excited for the recent addition to the young women's theme... The General Young Women Presidency along with the First Presidency has added the value of VIRTUE to the end of the list of values. I LOVE IT! I think that the young women of the church are virtuous and can have a great affect on those around them by showing their example. These girls live these values every day, by choice, and they glow because of it! I wish everyone could feel the complete JOY that comes from living the principles found in the Young Women's theme!

Well, I have really rambled this morning haven't I? I warned you ahead of time :) Now I really need to get ready because my mom, sister, and I are leaving to visit family in Las Vegas today! I am so excited to see all the "hens!" I love how close my family is and how much enjoyment we get from each other. Hopefully I will be good and actually snag some pictures of the hens to share on here!

Oh... I can't believe that there are only about 9 weeks left before our little girl arrives... I guess we need to get a name picked out... :)

5 comments:

Jewel said...

I loved reading your ramblings. That's so fun that you're in Young Women's--talk about an intense calling! And congrats on finishing your degree and being able to choose to stay home rather than staying home because there is no other option. I'm so happy for you!

Mikelle and Ben said...

Knowing you, I don't think you will ever regret staying home with your children! It's the most rewarding experience I've ever had! And no matter how much you love teaching, I bet you'll love being an at-home mother even more! Especially in this crazy world, these sweet little spirits need strong people like you and Bill to help guide them! You'll be the best parents!

Brenna said...

Yay For little Baby Girls! I am so excited for you! So cool that you get to work with the Young Women! I am Jel! I miss that calling! It is so fun!

Jenna Marie said...

I've loved being able to stay home with Dallin. Best decision one can ever make I think. If anyone is able to stay home, it's so much better. You'll be such a great mom Em! We're getting close!! :)

Callie said...

Oh yay Emily! I found you! I didn't know you were expecting! How exciting! Love you girl!