Happy 1st Birthday Amanda Kaye!
Time has really flown by and we can't imagine life without her! She definitely keeps us busy. We celebrated this weekend by having a combined Easter/Birthday party between conference sessions. We went to the church and had an Easter Egg hunt, dinner, and of course, cake and ice cream! I had a lot of fun making Amanda's cake!
I have never done a bright and colorful cake, so I thought I would give it a go! I am proud to say that everything in/on this cake is made from scratch... even the fondant! I actually wasn't originally planning on covering the whole cake with fondant (I was just going to use fondant decorations) but I couldn't get it to work. Because of this, I didn't prep the cakes for fondant like I should have, so they are a little bumpy but it was a fun learning experience!
This little girl is definitely loved! My mom and dad, Charles and Lex, and Katie all traveled to West Valley specifically to watch Amanda eat her cake! A lot of Billy's family was able to come too!
Amanda was very tired during her party because she refused to take a good nap (too much excitement I guess) so she didn't get into her cake as much as we thought she would, but I think she still had fun.

5 comments:
I am sooooo impressed with the cake! You are amazing! Amanda is such a cutie, the pictures of her eating her cake are fun!
That cake is amazing!! Good job Emily!!! Looks like cute Amanda had a good birthday :)
All of the pictures are so fun! I really wish we could have been there for her birthday party! That cake looks so fun! I can hardly believe that she is a year old already! She is so big! I wonder when we will get to see her next! Hopefully before she gets too much bigger! We love you!
I have to say............with a cake like that for her first birthday what on earth will you do for next year. It is a wonderful cake.
I hear Amanda got a special gift from Uncle Jacob and Aunt Mary Ann. How exciting.
Wow nice cakes! I can't believe she's one already! That's so crazy! I hope you guys are doing well!
Post a Comment