Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Summertime Fun!


Well, summertime is finally here (although it did rain on us as we tried to swim yesterday, but we're trying to be positive here)!  I have been so excited for warm weather!  We have had a lot of blogger-worthy fun lately, so I thought I would catch up.

- Memorial Day -
We kicked off the summer with the grand idea of hiking Little Emigration Canyon.  I was excited because I had never been there.  As soon as Amanda was up and fed and ready, we set off, taking our golden retriever, Sadie, with us in our Elantra (don't worry... we covered the seat with a sheet!)

When we got to the spot, we realized that it was still a little early in the season and there had been a lot of snow run-off and the trail had been flooded... a lot!  We stood there for a while trying to decide what to do, when Billy (determined to do this hike) decided that he would carry me, Amanda, and Sadie through the water!  If we had a truck, we would have let Sadie go on her own,  but we weren't too crazy about riding home with a completely soaked and muddy dog.

We got through the first flood, only to walk a few yards and come across anther!  So, Billy carried us all across that one too!  What a guy!  After fording the river for the second time, it was smooth sailing!  We had a great time and were very happy that we brought Sadie along!  It had been way too long since she had been able to do something like that.  She walked right along with us, except for when she found a flock of wild turkeys that she took off after! 

After our hike, we had time to go home, get cleaned up, and get Amanda a nap before we took off to the park to have a picnic with Billy's family.  Amanda wasn't so sure about the grass at first, but she soon got over her fear!  She had fun following all her cousins around!




- Water Fun -
Amanda has discovered how much fun water can be.  She has always loved her baths, but she is loving getting to play with water outside!  Grandma Grant got a new water table she loves!  I think I am going to start putting her in a swim suit when she plays with it though, because her favorite thing to do is dump the water on herself! 

We were able to take her swimming for the first time yesterday too!  We got rained out, so it didn't last too long, but we still had fun.  Amanda was really worried at first, but as soon as I showed her how to splash, she really got into it!  After she got out, she snuggled right down with her daddy!  She is definitely a daddy's girl!  (Notice Billy's awesome farmer's tan!) :)

Life is good!  We are having so much fun with our Little Miss Amanda!  She makes life very busy, but very fun!  Her little personality is so cute!  I just love this little girl!

5 comments:

Avree said...

Looks like you guys have been having fun! Billy is a trooper! I love the picture of him carrying your dog, that's great! Amanda is such a cutie, I'm so excited to see her this weekend!

Jeff and Ali said...

Emily she is such a doll! What a cute little family you have. You make me want to get a dog, too! Glad you and Billy are doing so well!

Rob and Tami Stewart said...

Looks like fun! Your little girl is adorable!

Mary Ann said...

That looks like so much fun! You have such a cute little family! That little girl is growing up too fast! I can't believe all of the things she can do now! We miss you guys! I hope everything is gong well for you! Love you lots!

Laura said...

Hey Emily! I stumbled on your blog from facebook...your daughter is so cute! Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun :)