Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween Fun

I know its not Halloween quite yet, but we have already had some Halloween fun!  Last week we crashed Billy's brother's ward Trunk-or-Treat.  The weather was great and we had a lot of fun with cousins.  The adults dressed up as King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table from Monte Python (thanks again Nate for the amazing costumes!).  We all had a good time.


This Monday we continued our Halloween fun by, of course, carving pumpkins!  We were proud to pay only $1 for our huge pumpkin and the other one crept under the fence and grew from our neighbors yard (don't worry, we told them about it and they said we could keep it).  Amanda thought the whole process was quite interesting!



Yesterday I decided to have a little fun in the kitchen.  Inspired by Charles and Lex's eyeball Oreo truffle creations, I tried to make my own.  I think they turned out fun, and they taste great too!  I think they just might become a tradition for us. 


The fun will continue today and tomorrow.  Amanda will get to play with her cousins some more, and go trick-or-treating on Saturday.  She really digs the "people giving me candy" concept.  She definitely knows what candy is now and runs at the sound of a wrapper!  



2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Yay for the blog update! Looks like you guys are just having too much fun! Your eyeballs look amazing! Isn't October such a fun time of year?

Stacey said...

Oh my goodness, Amanda makes the cutest chickie ever!! I love that costume!