Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Okay, so I've been a really bad blogger lately, and I really have no excuse.  I guess now is a good a time as any to try to play catch up!


We have had a great holiday season with tons of family, and tons of good food (always a must for me this time of year!)  Amanda has loved the tree and has to make sure the lights are turned on first thing every morning.  I am really looking forward to Christmas morning this year, because I think Amanda will be a little excited seeing what Santa has brought her.  More to that will come later.  I'm not sure she would be so thrilled to see Santa in person though!  We did run in to Mrs. Claus at the library a couple weeks ago, and I could barely get a picture taken with her!

Last Saturday we went up to Logan for two family parties.  We first got to party with the Mortensen clan.  We had a great time.  While we were there, we realized that every member of Billy's family was there, so we couldn't pass up the opportunity for a family picture! 

Here is the whole clan, along with Great Grandma Mortensen.


Amanda had a good time at the party, although because the day was so busy, she didn't get ANY nap.  She was a little cranky at times, but most of the time just loved getting to play with all her cousins!

After the Mortensen party, we went to Billy's sisters house, and had our Grant family party.  We had a great time, and Grandma and Grandpa Grant spoiled all of us.  I was a little crazy and decided to crocheted beanies for all the nieces and nephews (11 total) two weeks before the party.  I made funny beanies with beards connected for the boys, and cute ones with flowers for the girls.  I didn't get a picture of all the girls, but here is a picture of the boys with their beard beanies.  They got quite a kick out of them!  I was just glad they fit!


Amanda has been so good and cute through all this crazy holiday season!  She has actually liked getting dressed up for parties.  Here she is with curlers in her hair, which she is good about keeping in now.  Amanda is also perfecting her "camera smile."  She says "cheese" and  then gives the cheesiest smile!  Here is her example:


We wish you all a very Merry Christmas! 
I will try to be better about posting our Christmas fun in a timely manner!

3 comments:

Avree said...

Wow Emily, I can't believe you made that many beanies! I LOVE that last picture of Amanda, I think my mom has an almost identical picture of Cara like that, it is classic! I love her little cheesy smile!

Mary Ann said...

We have been wishing everyday that you were here in Southern Utah with us, but I'm glad that you have been having fun with Billy's family! We are way excited to see you in a couple of days!

Rob and Tami Stewart said...

What a little cutie! I love the beard beanies...that is too funny!