Well, I thought I'd update again because our little one is now the size of a lemon! It feels like we are making our way through the produce section! I will really love when we know what we are having and can start talking about a little boy or girl and not produce! Dr. Astle only does ultrasounds if there is a problem, or about halfway through, so we are having our ultrasound in mid November. We are very excited! We would love to know before then, but since that would mean that we would have to have a problem, we would rather wait!
My sister Katie is convinced that we are having twins! She always refers to our baby as "the babies" or "the lemons" or whatever the size is that week... she just makes sure that she makes it plural. All of Hurricane High School probably thinks we are having twins!
As far as morning sickness goes, I have been feeling better. Dr. Astle gave me a perscription that I have taken a few times and it seems to help, but it makes me even more sleepy! Today is a day that I don't have to go in to Snow Canyon to teach, so I think I'll see how long I can go today without taking anything. I hope to make it through the day, but its nice to know I have something... just in case.
With the nausea easing up, I have had more of my appetite return!... and cravings to go with it! The things I seem to want all the time are nectarines (which I have always liked, but have never been a real favorite until now) and anything really really cold and slushy. I have tried to make my own "slushy things" at home, but it seems like "SNOKAPS" seem to fit the craving the best. Katie works at a little Sno-cone shack in Hurricane called SNOKAPS! They arent really sno-cones... they are 100% better! They are like gourmet sno-cones! Hmmmm.... they are only open from 2pm to 7:30pm, so I might have to venture out this afternoon (on my way back from buying more nectarines!)
~Emily

4 comments:
Emily, Glad your feeling better, So am I. Hey do you know where Heidi and Jason are these days? I have been thinking about them a lot and have no idea where they are.
~Shar
So fun! Next week it will be the size of an apple! :) We get to have our ultrasound next week! I'm so excited!
You said something about Snow Canyon. What do you teach over there? My brother goes there. His name is Scott Heinrich. Not sure if you have him in a class, but if you ever see him- you now know who he's related too. :)
Oh and P.S. Will you please put up a cute picture of your mini baby bump as soon as you show? You'll be such a cute preggers woman!
You guys will have to think of a funny nickname for the little one with a fruitie name :) before you know it they will be a watermelon!!
Aaaah!I'm so excited for you!!! And...you should definitely come up if you can. My mom, Claire, and possibly some of my family are all coming up in two weeks from today... I don't know how plausible that is for you guys, but it's during fall break for both the high school and the college so maybe it will work out... You could even carpool with them =) My first concert is that Saturday night, so that would be tons of fun! Have your mom come along and it could be a mother daughter weekend! haha...but if that won't work, you two should definitely come up sometime while I'm up here. =) When you come I'll give you the pictures and videos Charles sent me, so you can take them home to your family.
Post a Comment