Thursday, October 16, 2008

Police Escort

So, I had a rather interesting thing happen to me today. I was driving down Bluff street when all of a sudden 20 Las Vegas Motorcycle Cops pulled in behind me. Well, let me tell you, that was an interesting sight! Well, that wasn't all that crazy except they kept following me, down St. George Blvd., and on to River Road. Well, I finally got to where I needed to make my left hand turn into some of the shops off of River Road (towards Old Navy) when a couple of the cop cars pulled ahead of me, went into oncoming traffic, stopped traffic, and had me complete my turn! I guess the cops wanted to turn there as well and just decided to stop traffic since there were 20 of them! I just thought it was funny that they stopped traffic for me as well! For those of you that have tried to make that left-hand turn at that spot, you know it probably would have taken a while. I guess the cops didn't want to have to wait! :)

In other news, I went to my October Dr. appointment today and all is well. The baby's heartbeat was a lot easier to find this time, and Dr. Astle said I was doing well and that we are right on schedule! I made my appointment for our ultrasound, so we will be able to find out if we are having a boy or girl on November 14th! I can't wait!

~Emily

6 comments:

Manda Jane Clawson said...

What a crazy story! That would have freaked me out a little I think...

sav said...

how fun! i can't wait to find out what you are having... i bet it is a GIRL!!!!

Stacey said...

Yay I am so excited for you guys to find out what you are having! Now that I work at the Baby Gap it makes me want to buy baby clothes for babies I don't have, so maybe I'll have to pick something up for the soon-to-be Grant child to fill my desire for now ha ha. That is crazy about the cops, I would have freaked out and been so nervous!

heidi said...

hey girl, I just recently found your blog

how crazy/wierd that would have been with 20 cops behind you

hope things are great for the pregnancy, I'm excited for you.

The Baker Bunch said...

guess what... my next appointment is on Nov. 14th. But we'll have to wait until at least Dec. to find out. I kind of had a similar experience on the way to the zoo. 10 SLC motor cops followed me all the way down I-80 and all the way to the zoo. However, they didn't stop traffic for me. It is a little intimidating. Hope all is well. oh and my prediction is that you are having a boy. You'll have to do the draino test before you go and see if it works. Hahaha. See you Saturday!

Maegan said...

Hi Emily! I'm due Dec. 21st. Just a few short weeks away. That is so exciting that you are also expecting!! I'm so happy for you!! Man, that would be cool if we lived closer, are kids would be buddies.
When are you due?

Man, blogging is way fun. It's a great way to keep in touch with people, and see fun pictures of them and their cute little family.

I hope you have a great day! Talk to you later!
Maeg