Well, we just got back from a lovely (although way too short) weekend in West Valley with Billy's family. We drove up after work on Friday, tried to catch up with some much needed sleep, and headed out Saturday morning for a day of Halloween fun!
We started at the Hogle Zoo and it was packed! They were have what they call "Boo at the Zoo" where kids can come in costume and trick or treat in the Zoo. Billy's sister Katie and her husband Joel have a season pass to the zoo, so we all got in for free. Lizzie wore her cute bumblebee costume, but we didn't bother with the trick or treating. We just went around to see the animals. Here are some pictures:
At least I'm not as big as the gorilla!....
After the Zoo, we headed to the Grant Family Halloween Party! We met at Becky's church building and had a lot of fun! There were tons of food, costumes, and games! I am always amazed at how many fun things Karla finds for the kids to do at these activities! There was even a fish pond they could earn tickets to fish from and get prizes. Here are some party pictures...
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Scary Pirates!
Monsters... or Jim and Karla? (Billy's parents)
Billy... wanted by the sheriff!
Ashley as Barbie, Ethan the Jester, Craig as a Marshmallow on a stick!
Allison as Dorothy, Robert as a Ninja Turtle (not wearing his shell)
Abby as a witch, and Giovanna as a China Doll
So cute!!!!
The party really was a lot of fun! Afterward, we went over to Becky's house to take it easy for a while (Bill and I were sooooo tired) and wait for the dinner show we were going to. Billy's sister Becky is acting in a fun Halloween dinner theater at Boccia's D'Italia Restaurant in Harrisville. She played the Corpse Bride and was wonderful! I have always heard of her acting talent, but had never seen her perform! It was so fun! ... the dinner was pretty good too! Billy and I both solved the mystery, but didn't get any of the prizes :( It was still a lot of fun though. The characters walked around and interacted with you a lot throughout the evening. We should have tried to get more pictures, especially of Becky, but we only got one at the restaurant so here it is...
Jim with the clown! It's a great pic though!
All in all, it was a wonderful, fun, weekend! It had been way too long (about 6 months) since we had seen any of the Grant clan and it was fun to spend some time with them, even if it was a really quick trip. We will be back up for Christmas next time, so we're glad we won't have to wait 6 months to see everyone again.
Oh, if you've actually read this much, I have some other fun news! Of course, it has to do with the baby... I think I have started to feel the baby move! It is just little flutters right now, but it definitely feels different! I can't wait until I really can feel for sure, and Bill can as well! I am still amazed at how much I already love this little bell pepper!
5 comments:
Sounds like a fun weekend! I think Billy actually does look like a gorilla in that picture :) How fun to be able to feel the baby moving! Cara can also feel hers moving around. It's the best when it gets stronger and your husband can feel it kick. I remember the first time Matt felt Spencer kick, it was so fun! I hope the morning sickness is getting better!
That's great you got to see family! Looks like fun!
Feeling the baby is wonderful...I love that part! It's really funny when you can see your stomach move! ;) By the way, you look like such a cute pregnant lady!
why do i not know how to post a little box of pictures like you did? you should inform me on how to perform this masterful task.
that clown scared me a little. ...
LOVE the marshmallow on the stick! Too funny
I'm so glad you found us on here. Very fun to catch up! You guys look so happy!
Post a Comment