It's official! We now have a 3 year old ruling our roost! Amanda turned 3 this last week and we partied hard this weekend. It seems like Amanda's birthday is always around Easter, so we didn't focus on Easter this year as much as we probably should have (bad, I know... we'll try better next year).
This birthday was really fun for Amanda because it was the first year she really understood what a birthday is and was so excited for it! We decided quite a while ago that she wanted a Candyland party and she helped plan things out (well, she looked on Pinterest with me for ideas.) She loved looking at pictures and made sure to tell me what she liked!
The morning of her party came and she was so excited! I couldn't get her to eat breakfast, and when she came in and saw all the treats and decorations in the kitchen, she started hyperventilating a little. She would say things like, "Oh! That's cute!" Here's a picture of the spread:
My sister-in-law always finds the best deals and bought this bounce house a couple of years ago. The brought it down from Rock Springs for us and we were so glad! It was a hit!!!
After hot dogs (one of Amanda's favorite foods) it came present time. Amanda was very serious about opening them!
As if we weren't worn out from partying all morning, we decided to go down to the rec center and go swimming, another Amanda favorite!
Lila actually LOVES to swim too, but she fell asleep on the way to the pool. Grandma "Blue Car" (my mom) sat with her while the rest of us swam. She is such a good sport. Lila did get to swill a little, just before we left the pool.
I forgot to bring dry clothes for Lila to change in to, so I gave her my T-Shirt. Isn't she cute!?
That night, Charles, Lex, and little Audrey joined us. It was so fun to have Audrey and Lila together! I hope they will be good buddies! Here they are with their smokin' Grandma!
We definitely won't do such a big party every year, but it was fun this year. Amanda is still talking about her party and says that it was "so crazy and fun." I had to reign myself in quite a bit, due to budget and time, because Pinterest makes me want to go crazy with decorations and games and stuff! I just need to save some ideas for other years!
I still can't believe little Miss Amanda is 3! She looks so grown up these days! I love the cute things she says and does and we can't imagine life without our spunky little Amanda Kaye!
2 comments:
Oh my goodness it is all SO CUTE! How fun for Amanda. I think it's okay to go a little overboard with your first kid, right? :) And can I please play life sized Candy Land? That is my favorite game!!
That is quite the birthday party! Amanda is a lucky girl!
Post a Comment