Monday, May 14, 2012

The Amazing Karla!

I really do have the best Mother in Law in the world.  I feel very lucky!  Today is her 65th birthday and I am so grateful for her.  She is the most unselfish person I know.  This last Saturday we surprised her with an "Amazing Race" birthday party.  She loves watching the Amazing Race, so what better theme could you ask for? :)  Bill worked hard to put all the clues together, and I volunteered to watch all the little kids so the adults could race!  I talked my sister and her good husband into helping me babysit, and I was sure glad I did!  They were so much help!  Thanks again!


Everyone had a great time at the race, then we went to our church building where we ate yummy Olive Garden food and watched a video tribute to Karla.  


Of course, I believe you can't have a birthday party without a cake, so after the video, Billy brought out Karla's birthday cake.  I think it turned out pretty fun!  



I had a couple of mishaps with this cake that I won't go into.... needless to say, it turned out WAY better than I expected.  Phew!  I was glad!!  

Amanda and Lila had a great time with their cousins too!  It is so fun when we all get together!

Millie and Lila - only 9 days apart!
 Amanda is the most coordinated three year old I know!  She really wanted to try the older cousins' stilts, and was able to walk all over in them!  I was impressed!  




 It was a busy but very fun weekend.  I was sad not to get to see my Mom this weekend for Mother's Day, but we are going to visit in a couple of weeks and I am very excited!   We were able to surprise my mom with a new chandelier over her kitchen table though!  I wish I could have seen her face when she saw it.  I love you Mom!  You are the best Mom and Grandma ever!  I can't wait to see you! 


2 comments:

Alexis Bulloch said...

This is so fun Emily! I would have to argue that I have the best mother in law in the world, but Karla is pretty darn amazing too! ;) Great job on the cake too. Lila looks like she's getting blonde!

Katie Eckern said...

I LOVE the picture of Millie and Lila:) so cute!