I realized today that I'd better get on the ball and post about our weekend before it becomes old news that I don't want to take the time to catch up!
We were originally planning on going up to visit my brother and his cute family in Rexburg, but when our other brother found out he got leave and was coming to Hurricane, we all changed our plans and headed south! It was so fun to have everyone together. It really doesn't happen as much as I would like, and it probably won't happen again for a while. Jacob's schedule is really crazy with the Air Force and they are stationed in Tucson, so it is a long drive. Josh is expecting his mission call any day now and then he will be off on his mission, wherever that is going to be. Life just gets crazy and we are all over the place these days.
One of the things we really wanted to do, was get a family picture. We had fun taking them and I think they turned out fun. Everyone that reads this blog has probably already seen them on Facebook, but here are my favorites anyway.
 |
| The whole group! |
 |
| I don't remember who's idea this was, but I think it turned out pretty funny! |
 |
| I'm pretty sure Billy was going crazy trying to get the girls smiling. Looks like Grandma and Grandpa were the ones getting entertained! |
We actually started our trip by spending the night on Cedar Mountain. Amanda was so excited! Billy made her a little bed in the cabin and when I came to see it, she just beamed up at me. She was so proud.
 |
| sound asleep |
 |
| finally sound asleep, after getting in with mommy! |
It was a little too cold to do all that we would have liked, but we had fun visiting in the cabin and Billy and Amanda were able to catch some fish! Billy also caught a frog for Amanda and she LOVED it! She kept wanting to hold it and wasn't creeped out all! Afterward, she was telling me about it and said, "I hold the fwog and I didn't squish him!"
Sunday was spent with family and playing games (and church of course!). It was nice not to have to race back home after church.
Monday morning we were able to go to the Hurricane Splash Pad. I thought Amanda would love it, but I think it was a little too cold. She did play for a while though. I really think Billy and Erik had more fun than the kids. Lila and Audrey got in for a while too, but I decided it was enough when Lila's little teeth started chattering.
We left for home after lunch and made it through Utah County without incident (traffic and construction were horrible). It was a quick trip, but it was fun to see all my family.
 |
| My Dad and his girls! |
3 comments:
How fun! The pictures turned out so cute! I love Lila in her cute little pink swim-suit! I'm excited to meet her when we go to the zoo in June!
This post made me miss your family! I hope we can get together sometime soon! So I'm thinking next week for the zoo because Marin is in a play and practice starts June 11. What do you think? Message me on Facebook!
It was so fun to get to see you and your cute little family! I'm so glad I finally got to meet that little Lila-girl! It is crazy how big both of your girls are getting though. I thought it was so sweet how Amanda just wanted to hold Rachel's hand. Maybe next time we see each other, Rachel will be big enough to want to hold her hand too!
Post a Comment