Okay, so my cousin Cara is extremely witty and has written about a condition called "reverse anorexia" on her blog. I enjoyed and related to it so much that I had to post it on our blog as well. It's just perfect!
Enjoy:
"I have a little condition that my sister and her friend have labeled "reverse anorexia." It is not in any medical books or the dictionary, but if it were, it would go something like this:
reverse anorexia: noun, 1. The opposite of anorexia. 2. The belief that one is skinnier than one actually is. Note: Women are particularly prone to this condition shortly after giving birth.
You will know you have this condition if you think "Gee, I'm feeling pretty thin. I'm absolutely sure those jeans will fit since they were so baggy before I got pregnant." Then you go to try them on they won't fit over your thighs, let alone zip up. You will know you have an advanced case of reverse anorexia if you actually start to believe that, despite what the scale says, the reason your clothes are tight is because your husband dried them when he wasn't supposed to and they all shrunk... ALL of them!
P.S. Seeing yourself on camera or in photos helps to cure this condition very quickly!"
I definitely think I have "reverse anorexia!" :)
5 comments:
ha ha...I actually had this my sophomore year of college...hopefully I'll be able to recognize this again :)
Even if you do have reverse anorexia I think you look great!
yeah, I have this disorder also. Looking at pictures definitely brings me back to reality though.
Ha ha! That is so hilarious! I totally have this condition! And then, since I think I'm looking alright, I continue to eat what I want and the cycle goes on and on! And then I look at pictures of myself....:( That's really funny, though!
Oh gee... I do too! It's so depressing... :(
Post a Comment