Lately Amanda has been so so much fun! It is so fun to finally be able to communicate with her about anything and she has started saying and doing the funniest things! I thought I should share them
here, mainly so I don't forget them myself.
Amanda has become very polite! This really is a good thing. She is very good about saying please, thank you, and excuse me. The other night I was telling her to get into bed and she just looked at me and said, "Um... no thanks," in just about the sweetest voice ever! How could she get in trouble for saying no in that way? :)
She has been very sweet with Miss Lila. We were driving the other day and she looked over and noticed Lila was awake, so she started talking to her in a quiet high pitched voice and said she was cute and that "we love you baby Lila." She still sings Twinkle Twinkle Little Star whenever Lila cries a lot and will say, "It's okay Lila, it's okay."
The other day I stubbed my toe pretty bad and she just looked at me and said, "It's okay Mommy, be Happy!"
Whenever we see a blue car, she thinks it is Grandma and Grandpa.
When we talk about going to sleep or down for a nap, I often list other people that are going to sleep too (like Grandma, Grandpa, Daddy, etc.) She always makes sure I include Katie and Erik.
She has been practicing saying "Baby Audrey" and I think it will be fun for her to see her.
When her cousins came to see us last week, she kept taking them over to look at "Baby Lila." I think she was proud of her.
Just now she took out one of her toy drawers and stood in it. I told her that we really shouldn't do that and she responded with, "I can, I'm two!" haha!
She will sometimes come up to you and say, "I'm Three" while she has a look on her face like, "I am so so funny." It's her way of teasing us!
Yesterday in the car she said, "Go fast-ie Mommy, Bad Guys!"
She is still very excited to paint her room pink! Every time Billy leaves the house, she says, "Daddy go to Blue House... Fix it!" (*I know our house isn't blue, but that's what Amanda calls it :)
She sings along with a lot of songs on her CD's or just the radio in the car. She really isn't that in tune, but I couldn't love it more!
Her latest favorite saying is, "I can all by self." She is becoming very independent... at least she thinks so! :) She also loves to help and is always saying, "I'm helping!"
She knows what the remotes do and calls them the ca-mote.
She takes showers now because she hated getting her hair washed in the bathtub. She calls the shower downstairs the "Daddy Shower" and loves to walk in the "rain." She also helps me give Lila her baths and loves to see her get "all clean."
I know there are a lot more cute Amanda moments, and I need to be better about writing them down so I don't forget them. I can't imagine life without spunky little Amanda.
Summer Reading Program 2021
4 years ago
2 comments:
She sounds like she has such a cute little personality! I love it that she's so cute with Lila, you must be so proud of your two little girls! Now I think we need a post with some pictures of Lila! :)
What a fun little girl! I love the two year old stage - they are so teachable!
Post a Comment