SHOWER #1
My cute custodian at my school organized and surprised me with a baby shower after school on Monday! I had no idea they were planning anything, so it was a fun surprise! I have been lucky to work with such amazing people this year! Some of the male teachers were funny though. They kept saying things like, "I've never been to a baby shower before... what am I supposed to do?" I think they mainly came for the food! :)
SHOWER #2
On Tuesday night, the Young Women of my ward organized and threw their own shower for me! It was soooooo much fun, especially since I was released (*sniffle*) a few weeks ago and I was excited to get to go and spend another mutual night with them! They put so much work into the shower and it was a blast! They had fun guessing how much I measured around (with pieces of yarn), guessing/trying different flavors of baby food, and playing a cute matching game that one of the girls worked hard to make. Oh... and I mustn't leave out the diaper game! The girls really got a kick out of this one! They put different candy bars in diapers and passed them around so you had to guess which candy bar was in each diaper. The looked disgusting! It was funny to watch people sniffing them though!
SHOWER #3
On Saturday, my Mom, sister Katie, and sister-in-law Mary Ann threw another shower for me. This one was super fun too! It was an open house at my dad's office and it was so fun to see a bunch of friends and family. Everyone was so nice and generous too! It just gets me more excited to see all the baby stuff! Now I just have to figure out where to put everything! One thing is for sure though, after all these showers, I think we have a year's supply of baby bath and lotion! We gathered them all up and put them in a basket yesterday so we could see how much we really have.
On Saturday, my Mom, sister Katie, and sister-in-law Mary Ann threw another shower for me. This one was super fun too! It was an open house at my dad's office and it was so fun to see a bunch of friends and family. Everyone was so nice and generous too! It just gets me more excited to see all the baby stuff! Now I just have to figure out where to put everything! One thing is for sure though, after all these showers, I think we have a year's supply of baby bath and lotion! We gathered them all up and put them in a basket yesterday so we could see how much we really have.

In other news, at my appointment this last week, my Dr. told me that everything is looking fine and that this baby will be here before we know it! I am so ready and so excited to get her here! We still haven't decided for sure on a name, but we are thinking we might just have to wait until we see her. We have a couple we like, we just can't decide between them.
Okay, this last picture is of me before church yesterday! Yup... I look ready to pop!
12 comments:
You really don't look ready to pop! I think you look great! I think I might be bigger then you at this point! HAHAHA! I'm so excited for you guys! She really will be here faster then you think! Get lots and lots of sleep! Prepare yourself for what it means to be truly tired! But is is worth every sleepless night to have such a sweet little thing in you life! I think you are brave to drive up for the blessing on the 14th. I would love to see you though! I just don't think driving is very much fun when you are super pregnant. Anyway, I hope all is well with you two (almost three). We love you!
You look sooo good Emily! I'm excited for you!
I think you look so dang cute! Showers are so fun, it's crazy how much stuff you get. I actually still have a couple of bottles of baby lotion from my baby shower with Marin and she's almost 3! I wonder which one of us will have our baby first... :)
You do look really great, and it sounds like you had a lot of fun! And some how, even though you get all the shampoo and lotion, you'll run out of the lotion a lot sooner than the shampoo, no matter how much you get, it'll seem to go fast. Two of my sisters and I agreed within our own families that we don't share what names we think of. It makes it more fun when the baby comes, and introduce them to everyone with a name they haven't heard yet.
Oh you look so cute!!! I can't wait for your sweet little girl to get here! I wish I could have come to your baby shower. I'm going to send you a gift from your target registry, be sure to update it (sometimes people buy you something on it but forget to tell the cashier to mark it off the list).
looks like you got a lot of great things. and you and your belly looks adorable.
You look so cute! It gets so exciting towards the end of pregnancy! It's so fun!
Looks like you guys are about ready! She will be here before you know it :)
wahoooo!! I am so excited for you! You're going to be such a cute mom! And I can't wait to meet the new addition to the Grant Clan!!
I think you look amazing! :) I'm a little jealous I might say... :) Hope everything goes well for you guys!! :)
I love the fact that you're going to wait until you meet her to name her officially...we're doing the same with our little boy. :)
Have you had that cute thing yet? We're waiting! :)
Post a Comment