Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Long Hair Woes

Amanda has always had longer hair for her age.  She is great about letting me do her hair, probably because I have been doing it since she was about 5 months old to keep it out of her face! 

Anyway, we had a little mishap in the hair department today that I thought was quite out of the ordinary.  We were driving to my doctor's appointment (baby girl #2 looks great by the way) when Amanda started crying in the back-seat and saying that her hand was stuck.  I was wondering how she managed to get her hand stuck in anything back there, but I couldn't stop at that exact moment.  I adjusted the rear-view mirror so I could figure out what was wrong and realized she had been twirling her hair like she does, but got a little carried away.   She had twirled her hair into a knot with her finger caught in the middle of it.  I felt bad because even though my little girl was quite sad in the back-seat I couldn't help laughing!  I just thought the fact that she got her own finger caught in her hair quite funny! 

We were almost to the doctor's office by this point, so I figured we could take care of it in the parking lot.  When I finally got to help her out of her mess, it was quite difficult.  I actually started to wonder if I had anything I could use to cut the hair to get her finger out, and then I thought that I actually might have to carry her in to the office and have someone inside get some scissors to help us out.  Luckily I was able to finally slide her little finger out, but there was quite the indentation and the tip was blue!  This is definitely one of those things you don't expect to have to deal with as a parent, but with kids, you never know!

3 comments:

Avree said...

Haha I'm reminded of my mom saying "You've got to go through some pain to be beautiful" while she did my hair. Poor Amanda, she's just got some good thick hair!

Mary Ann said...

That is so funny! Poor Amanda!

Cara said...

Oh no, the things kids do sometimes! It's like when newborns pull their own hair and scream and scream and can't figure out why someone is hurting them :)